Advantages and disadvantages of TFT display
Blaze Display Technology Co., Ltd. | Updated: Nov 27, 2018
TFT (thin film transistor) is a thin film field effect transistor, which is a kind of active matrix liquid crystal display. It can "actively" control each individual pixel on the screen, which can greatly improve the reaction time. Generally, the response time of TFT elatively fast, about 80 milliseconds, and the viewing angle is large, generally can reach about 130 degrees, and it is mainly used in high-end products. The so-called thin film field effect transistor means that each liquid crystal pixel on the liquid crystal display is driven by a thin film transistor integrated behind it. Thus, high-speed, high-brightness, high-contrast display screen information can be achieved. TFT is an active matrix liquid crystal display, which is technically driven by the "active matrix" method. The method is to use the transistor electrode made of thin film technology, and use the scanning method to "actively pull" to control the opening of any display point. On and off, when the light source is irradiated, it first shines through the lower polarizer, and the light is transmitted by the liquid crystal molecules, and the purpose of display is achieved by shading and transmitting light.
1. The focusing performance of TFT is good.
2. Compared with CRT, another technical advantage of TFT that it will not produce geometric errors.
3. Since there is no need to use electron beams to scan every line on the screen, the TFT een will not flicker.
1. The viewing angle is too small.
2. Slow response speed.
The TFT screen is harmless to the eyes.
TFT is used in active-matrix liquid crystal displays, and it is driven by the active Shuan matrix in technology. The method is to use the transistor electrodes made of thin-film technology, and use the scanning method to actively control the opening and closing of any display point. Off, when the light source shines through the lower polarizer first, the light is transmitted through the liquid crystal molecules, and the purpose of display is achieved through shading and light transmission.
TFT also improves the blurring of STN flickering (water ripples), effectively improving the ability to play dynamic images. Compared with STN, TFT has excellent color saturation, restoration ability and higher contrast.
Precautions for using the TFT screen
1. When designing products using TFT liquid crystal modules, pay attention to the fact that the viewing angle of the liquid crystal is consistent with the purpose of the designed product.
2. Prevent damage to the LCD glass. Dropping or hitting hard objects will cause the LCD screen to break or shatter, especially the corners are particularly fragile.
3. The polarizer on the surface of the liquid crystal has a surface layer that suppresses light reflection, and the surface must not be scratched. It is best to use a protective screen made of transparent plastic material on the surface of the liquid crystal.
4. If the liquid crystal module is stored below the specified temperature, the condensation performance of the liquid crystal material will also be weakened. If the liquid crystal module is stored at a temperature higher than the specified temperature, the molecular alignment of the liquid crystal material will change to a liquid state, which may not return to its original state. Exceeding the range of temperature and humidity may cause peeling or blistering of the polarizer. Therefore, the liquid crystal module should be stored in the specified temperature range.